Tuesday, May 18, 2010
WYES Private Beer Sampling and International Beer Tasting
Once again the fine folks over at WYES will be throwing 2 days worth of beer bacchanalia. On Friday June 4th you get the 2nd annual and extremely popular Private Beer Sampling which will again be held at NOLA Brewing. If you missed this last year my recommendation would be to buy tickets right now. No, seriously, take a break from reading this and go buy tickets. Last I heard they've already sold 50 tickets and only have 250 tickets total. It was an incredible event that should not be missed.
On June 5th you get another day to experience more beer. Yes, I did say two days worth of events. Last year was wild and based on the meeting I attended I think this year will be even better! Once again the event will be held at the Lakefront Arena. See below for the ticket giveaway.
BONUS NEWS: Both events will be 3 hours long!!! This mean you have 3 hours to sample so take your time and actually sample not get hammered.
Here is the actual press release:
WYES PRESENTS TWO DAYS OF BEER, BEER AND MORE BEER!
New Orleans, LA - May 13, 2010 - Join WYES along with local and national beer distributors for a weekend of beer tasting. On Friday, June 4, 2010 from 7:00 p.m. - 10:00 p.m. at NOLA Brewing, 3001 Tchoupitoulas Street, enjoy a relaxed evening of beer tasting with a limited number of guests during the WYES PRIVATE BEER SAMPLING. In honor of the craft of American and European brewers, this event will feature the hardest to find craft brewed beers, specially made cask and home brewed beers, as well as special one-off beers from local breweries. Guests will be able to talk one-on-one with brewers, home brewers, and other beer industry members, as well as talk amongst fellow beer connoisseurs. Tasting tickets are $50 which also includes lip-smacking food by Crescent Pie and Sausage. Also, the President and staff of NOLA Brewing will be available to meet and greet, as well as answer any questions guests may have. Tickets to Friday’s event can only be purchased by calling (504) 486-5511.
If you’re thirsty for cold beer and plenty of it, then don’t miss the 27th annual WYES INTERNATIONAL BEER TASTING Saturday, June 5 from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. - YES, we’ve extended the event a whole hour - at the Lakefront Arena. Enjoy over 200 beers, ales, lagers, home brews and more from Brewstock, Crescent Crown, Crescent City Brew House, Deutsches Haus, Glazer's, Heiner Brau, Hoppy Homebrewers of South MS, LA Lagers Homebrewing Club, Mystic Krewe of Brew, Perdido Vineyards Farm Cider and Ale, Redstick Brewmasters, Lazy Magnolia and Tin Roof Brewing Company. For a list of all brews you’ll be tasting, visit wyes.org. While sampling beer, attendees can nibble on some tasty food - Saints burgers by Thompson Packers, Inc., Saundus Sauce and Zapp’s Potato Chips. Also, enjoy performances by Rocky’s Hot Fox Trot Orchestra, the New Orleans Ragtime & Dixieland Band and the Kilts of Many Colours Bagpipe Band.
All attendees must be at least 21-years-old. WYES encourages everyone to please drink responsibly. Let United Cab get you to and from our beer events. Reserve a cab today by calling (504) 522-9771 or (504) 524-9606.
All proceeds from the WYES PRIVATE BEER SAMPLING and the WYES INT’L BEER TASTING benefit WYES. We appreciate your support!
WYES SALUTES THE 2010 BEER SPONSORS: NOLA.COM, COX Media, Mudbug Media, Zapp's Potato Chips and ARTS New Orleans
And on that note it's time for something never done on The Beer Buddha. I will be giving away two tickets to the Saturday June 5th event. That's right two tickets(valued at $70) courtesy of WYES. Here are the rules:
1) Obviously you must be 21. Don't be a dumb ass.
2) You must be a Beer Buddha subscriber via email or follower of The Beer Beer via Google Friend connect. Both of these you can sign up for on The Beer Buddha page. Comment on this blog post when you have signed up for one or the other.
3) You must attend one event during American Craft Beer Week 2010 and provide proof such as a receipt or something. Hell, a cell phone pic of you at the event is fine. Here is a list of events. I recommend the Saturday the 22nd event at Avenue Pub but that's just me. Any of the listed events will do. Proof will need to be provided at Avenue Pub on the night of the ticket giveaway.
4) You must write a minimum of one paragraph giving me a good reason why I should give you the two tickets. The more creative the story the better chance of winning. I tend to like funny and off the wall stuff. Just a hint. Email your entry to email@example.com.
5) The tickets will be given away at The Avenue Pub on Friday May 28th at 8:00 pm(CST). In order to get the free tickets you must be at Avenue Pub on that day and at that time. If you are not there to accept the tickets they will go to someone else.
6) IMPORTANT EDIT!!! All entries must be in by no later than Thursday May 27th 11:59pm CST.
THE DISCLAIMER: This contest is for two tickets to the Saturday June 5th, 2010 WYES International Beer Tasting which will be held from 6pm-9pm. The winner is responsible for finding their own transportation to and from the event. The winner understands that The Beer Buddha(aka Jeremy Labadie) is not responsible for their dumb ass if they get drunk and choke on their own vomit, drink or drive, get arrested etc. The winner is solely responsible once they accept the tickets. The Beer Buddha always recommends that you be responsible when drinking any alcoholic beverage and always get a designated driver when drinking. And if you aren't 21 you aren't getting the tickets! The Beer Buddha reserves the right to add anything to the contest if he feels like it. It's his website so of course he can.
The Beer Buddha