Wednesday, October 9, 2024

The Beer Buddha is Dead, Long Live The Beer Buddha

For a long time I considered this blog dead. I've attempted to revive it a couple times but it never felt right. I was no longer living in Louisiana and blogs in general seem to have gone the way of the Sour IPA. One of those things changed and thank God it's not the sour IPA.

I'm back in Louisiana(Baton Rouge) and working for a local beer wholesaler. I'm not exactly sure what I am going to be writing here or if anyone will even care but I have been feeling the urge to write and want to write about beer, breweries and cool places to get beer in the state.

The title says The Beer Buddha Is Dead, Long Live The Beer Buddha and there is a reason why I'm using that. People still call me Beer Buddha when they see me in public and I always jokingly say, "The Beer Buddha is dead". I say it because the guy that used to write this blog is, for lack of a better word, dead. I'd like to say it's a good dead. Basically, he died from knowledge of beer and experience in the industry. I guess that sounds kind of pretentious but the last 10 years I have been working in this industry has changed who I am. I read some of the shit I wrote here and I cringe.

Beer everywhere is hurting right now and the Louisiana beer scene is no exception. Is it just another reset? Too many breweries? People have moved on from beer? I don't know. I have my guesses but that's for another time. For now my goal is to have some fun promoting local breweries and great places to get beer in Louisiana. Stay tuned!

Cheers!

No comments: