Thursday, April 18, 2013

WYES International Beer Tasting: 30th Anniversary

It's almost that time again!  WYES Beer Tasting Weekend is a couple months away!  Just got word that the event will be held at Mardi Gras World this year AND they will be celebrating 30 years!  This is an interesting change of venue and I think will be beneficial for the event!  I know that the change will allow breweries and vendors to sell merchandise this year which is awesome!  

As always I've partnered with WYES to give away tickets.  I will be working on a clever way to give those tickets away.  

I really look forward to trying all the homebrew beers every year!  I imagine we will also get to see a good number of the breweries entering the state.  New Belgium and Southern Tier should be there for sure!

I haven't heard anything about the food situation but I attended the Private tasting last year and the food choice was awesome(Zea's)but was tough to get as they kept running out.  Hopefully the change in venue will help with that!

Here are the details:




5th Annual WYES PRIVATE BEER SAMPLING
Friday, June 21, 7-10pm
Mardi Gras World 1380 Port of Orleans Place
$50





30th Annual WYES INTERNATIONAL BEER TASTING
Saturday, June 22, 6-9pm
Mardi Gras World 1380 Port of Orleans Place
$30 in advance
$40 at the door

Buy tickets here.

They will also be selling Designated Driver tickets for $15.  I'm not sure what exactly this gets you other than entrance into the event.  If I find out I will let ya'll know!

Hope to see ya'll there!  I'm hoping to make both events this year!

Cheers!

The Beer Buddha

No comments: