You KNOW you wanna distribute here.
I was perusing the old Facebooks the other day and kept seeing all these awesome breweries posting these awesome beer pics and it didn't make me happy. It pissed me off. It made me jealous.
I hate being the state that doesn't have a huge list of craft beer options. During my brief time at the awesome Chan's Wine World I saw so much craft beer it was stupid. And I sold the balls out of it too.
It was very confusing for me to go from a fairly medium size city like New Orleans to a small beach community like Destin and see them smoke our asses in craft beer selection and sales. I still don't get it. I've heard all the reasoning: "New Orleans has a European palate", "New Orleans is a liquor town", "We don't have the drinkers to support anymore craft breweries" and even "New Orleans is a Bud town". I respect all those opinions but I still don't get it.
I don't even know why I am writing this other than just to get my bitching out. I am super excited that we received confirmation that New Belgium will be here this year! That's great news. I'm also excited about all the local craft breweries we have opening up in the next couple years! More great news! But this list is about breweries that need to hurry their asses up and get here! NO EXCUSES! Here is my list(in no particular order):
1) Yuengling- No seriously, they should be here. They have 2 breweries dammit. One is in freakin' Tampa. That's like only 700 miles away! I would have a 12 pack in my fridge. Always.
2) Lagunitas- I still think they are coming this year. I really do. They should. They're from California. They're in Florida. They drive right PAST us to get there!
3) SweetWater- Dude, come on. I think this is more related to Sweetwater's being in enemy territory. They just don't like New Orleans because the Saints have more rings then the Falcons. Just saying. Prove me otherwise Sweetwater. Balls in your court. Ball.... is in your court.
4) Left Hand Brewing- They are in Texas. They are in Florida. Again, they drive right past us. Just dump some cases yo!
5) Bell's Brewing- Dear Mr. Bell, We want your beer here in Louisiana. That would be great. Thanks.
6) Boulevard Brewing- Guys, you are SO close to Louisiana. You already distribute in Texas, Arkansas and Mississippi. Come on down and show us some love.
7) Smuttynose- I know you're in Florida. Tell me we are next? Come on, you KNOW you want to distribute here in Louisiana!
8) Dogfish Head- Seriously. You're in Florida and Texas. Dude, come on.
9) The Bruery- I added them just because I know they WANT to be here. Let me help. And they are in Florida.
10) Deschutes- From what I hear the owner even has a New Orleans connection. Seriously. We want some.
I'm sure ya'll have your own opinions and breweries that should be here. Many of these breweries we probably won't see for a long time or will never see but it's still fun to talk about. I really don't get it. If I owned a brewery I would distribute in states that I want to check out and visit. Makes sense right? Who do you think should already be here?
The Beer Buddha