Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Bayou Teche Releasing Joie à Tous (Joy to All) Next Week


I'm writing this post while listening to Christmas music.  I needed something to help me distress from all the work related BS in my life.  I swear one day I'm going to figure out how to be The Beer Buddha full time.

Anyway, just like Halloween all the craft breweries start to release their holiday beers fairly early.  I've been thinking about what beers would be perfect for the Thanksgiving meal or even a Thanksgiving digestif when I remembered an email I received from Bayou Teche

I really look forward to the emails I get from Bayou Teche.  They always seem to have something special in the works.  They've got a new Christmas beer coming out Thanksgiving week called Joie à Tous (Joy to All).  Not sure the exact date as all it said is "Thanksgiving week" but I'm sure we could find this one at Steins or Martin Wine Cellar.  Joie à Tous sounds perfect for that after Thanksgiving meal or even while putting up your Christmas decorations on Black Friday.  Yeah, that's when The Beer Buddha family puts them up!  Love me some Christmas!

Here is the official description of Joie à Tous (Joy to All) from Bayou Teche:

Bayou Teche Brewing is releasing a very special Christmas ale for 2012.  Joie à Tous (Joy to All) is a specially crafted release of our brewery's Biere Joi-Mello Dubbel.  Our brewmaster, Gar Hatcher brewed up a special edition of Biere Joi, and then doubled the amount of French Roast coffee in secondary.  The beer was then racked into freshly emptied Jack Daniels whisky barrels to age for several months.  While in the barrel the beer's coffee flavors melded with the whisky flavors still left in and picked up vanilla, toasted coconut, cinnamon, pepper, freshly baked bread and caramel from the charred oak.  After tasting samples from each barrel, Gar selected the nine with the most complex and mature flavors to blend for this seasonal release.

Think an Irish Coffee inspired Belgian beer.

The 200 case limited edition release of Joie à Tous (Joy to All) will be Thanksgiving week.  The biere will be available in 22 oz. Belgian-style bottles.

This beer sounds amazing!  I know I will be on the hunt for it next week!  Let me know if and where you find some!

Cheers!

The Beer Buddha

No comments: