Tuesday, November 13, 2012

3rd Annual Outlaw Homebrew Contest

Once again I got to head out to Hattiesburg, Mississippi and judge the Outlaw Homebrew Contest which is hosted by Keg & Barrel.  This is an amazing event whose purpose is to basically give a big F U to the state of Mississippi for not allowing homebrewing.  Yeah, that's right.  Homebrewing is illegal in Mississippi.  I'm sure the good folks over at the political beer supergroup Raise Your Pints would not have put it the way I put it.  They would be more....politically...sensitive?

Raise Your Pints has worked very hard to make changes to the beer climate in Mississippi and as I'm sure you know it is working.  With the recent change in ABV laws the next thing on their agenda is getting the homebrew laws changed.  Would love to see that happen for all my friends out their in Mississippi!!

Anyway, he event was amazing!  Great beers(and some shitty beers) were had by all!  Along with great food and music this event is a must attend.  I would LOVE to see some New Orleans homebrewers next year.  Hell, I think I may have caught the homebrewing bug while out there talking to the homebrewers!  Maybe I will enter a beer!

Here are some pics from the event:



Thanks to John Neal for hosting the event (and inviting me!) and thanks to Raise Your Pints for getting things done for craft beer in Mississippi.

Cheers!

The Beer Buddha

No comments: