Sunday, July 1, 2012

The Beer Buddha is Fat: Week 1



Okay so this week wasn't the best of weeks.  Had some weak moments but I still managed to lose a pound. I did exercise at least 3 days this week but really could have done a better job with eating.  And more exercising.

My success this week was cutting sodas almost completely out.  I had one.  I consider that a big step forward as I enjoy me some Coke.  My next goal needs to be cutting out fast food completely which is tough as hell.  I know, I know it shouldn't be but damn Rally's and their fries.

I think if I can increase my exercise and continue to use www.myfitnesspal.com to monitor my calories, fat intake, sodium, etc I will be good.  Portion control is another big thing.  As lame as it sounds I have been eating Lean Cuisines which actually help with that and they aren't all that bad.  The Top Chef Healthy Choice meals are damn good too!

The one thing I cannot do is diets.  I love food too much.  But what I can do is make sure I earn what I eat and watch how much I eat.  Move more, eat less.  And yeah, cut out the fast food for sure.  If I am going to eat bad after exercising to earn it it should be something awesome.

The beer I drank last Sunday was Maui Brewing's Mana Wheat which was amazing.  Not sure what I am going to have today.



Thanks for checking back in!  Hopefully next week I can at least have lost 2 pounds!

Cheers!

Jeremy

5 comments:

Kat Barton said...

Just remember it took years to put it on, it won't come off overnight...Just keep moving forward and it you have a cheat moment don't make it a cheat day/week/month

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are cutting back in steps. That's smart. I just completed the Eat Local Challenge and find that fast food (except ChikFilA chicken salad sandwich!) and processed food now disgust me. I agree - you don't have to cut out beer. Stick with it. It gets easier and the pay off is BIG.

Libellula Jewelry™ said...

You can do it; we're all rooting for you!

Sud Savant said...

Keep up the good work, sir! And you're dead on about Rally's (or Checker's in my neck of the woods). They are the devil. It appeals to both your budget and your tastebuds, but is TERRIBLE for you!

Good luck!

Travis said...

You should try something like Atkins. You can eat better than you think but no bread, etc (and no potatoes!). Shockingly, I've lost 9 lbs in the last two weeks. I took a break this weekend, and had beer last weekend, but back on it tomorrow.