Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Beer Review: Shiner Wild Hare Pale Ale


Last week I received an email from someone over at Shiner Brewing or their marketing people and they wanted to send me free beer. In the interest and integrity of this blog I respectfully declined. Pssh, yeah that's bullshit! You are DAMN skippy I want some free beer! This is my disclaimer. This was some free ass beer. Free beer always tastes better right?  Unless it's Bud Light Platinum of course.  On that note I did try and review the beer objectively. No seriously. Check it out.

 Brewery: Spoetzl Brewery

 Beer: Shiner Wild Hare Pale Ale Style: Pale Ale

 ABV: ???

 Louisiana Availability: I....think so? I gots mine for free in the mail.

 Appearance: The beer poured a nice copper color with a decent white head and nice lacing with very little head retention.

 Smell: Hints of orange peel, bread, brown sugar, grass.

 Taste: Very nice balance of hops and malts. Slight earthy, grassy bitterness with a nice fruity note. The beer is definitely on the maltier side. Less focus on the hops. Hops are present but the sweetness hides the hops.

 Mouthfeel: Medium body with medium carbonation.

 Overall: Not a great beer but a good, solid brew. Easy to drink and enjoyable. Tastes just as good in the bottle as it does in the glass so perfect for parties with no proper glassware.
 Score: 3.5 out of 5 Buddhas Photobucket

 Cheers!

 The Beer Buddha

No comments: