The other day someone asked me if you could sit down and drink a beer with anyone alive or dead who would it be? It was a simple enough question but without a simple enough answer. One of the most important beers I have ever had was the first one I had with my dad. Hell, I remember the first beer that I ever had period. I was a sophomore in high school in Camp Lejeune, NC and it was a Colt 45 40oz with one of my best friends Randy Lenard. But I assume the question implied famous. No one wants to hear the sappy beer sharing stories.
I really started to think about this one. It can really have some fun answers. I decided it would be fun to come up with my top 10 famous people(dead or alive) that I would like to share a beer with. So in no particular order is my top 10.
1) Barack Obama- He is a sitting President. Like his politics or not it would be awesome. And most likely homebrewed.
2) Clint Eastwood- The man is a legend. Need I say more?
3) Steve McQueen- One of the coolest actors ever.
4) George Washington, Thomas Jefferson and Ben Franklin- How cool would it be to sit and listen to these guys talk over some beers?
5) Elvis Presley- I can just imagine the kind of experience this would be. Beer, guns and pain pills. Whoa.
6) Hall & Oates- For me this would be epic.
7) Hope Solo- Ah, Hope Solo. I love you. That is all.
8) Kurt Russell- One of my all time favorite actors.
9) Harrison Ford- Drinking beer with Indiana Jones and Han Solo himself? Count me in.
10) Matthew Mcconaughey- My man crush is on this dude. He seems like a cool dude to drink a beer with.
Well, that's it. Who is on your list? I would love to hear so leave them in the comment section!
The Beer Buddha