Monday, January 16, 2012

When The Gargoyle Comes Marching In....He Brews With NOLA Brewing.


Do you remember in my Beerodamus' New Orleans Beer Scene 2012 post when I said, "NOLA Brewing will team up with another southern brewery to make a kick ass collaboration beer. I really feel this one. For real." Remember that? Well, it turns out I was right. Sort of.

I did say another Southern brewery but I didn't specify what South. At least this is what I am going with. Turns out NOLA Brewing is brewing a collaboration brew with Stone Brewing Company. That's right, you kept hearing from Polly over at Avenue Pub that Brewmaster Mitch Steel was coming to town and now you know why! I know, I know. You're thinking, "Stone Brewing isn't a Southern brewery you dumbass". But here is where I win on a technicality. Technically, Stone Brewing IS a Southern brewery. A Southern California brewery. Winning.



The beer they are brewing is going to be an Imperial Porter called Pour Me Something Mistah and is made with satsuma peels and Steens cane syrup. It will only be available on draft and will be available(tentatively) on February 11th. Avenue Pub will be hosting the release party. When I get more details I will let you know.

Cheers!

The Beer Buddha

2 comments:

Cinderella_Man said...

This is going to be awesome! Conga-rats to Kirk, and the rest of the folks at NOLA Brewery! Of course, conga-rats to Beerodamus!!!!
*Raising virtual pint*
Cheers, Buddha!

Anonymous said...

This is going to be great... can hopefully make it out on the 11th.