Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Review: Craft Beer Club



Recently I was contacted by Wesley Griffin, who is one of the folks over at Beer Universe, about Craft Beer Club which is a Beer of the Month style club. They wanted me to try out Craft Beer Club and let them and you know what I thought.


So yes they wanted to send me free beer and have me tell you, my faithful readers, what I thought. Now I'll be honest I've never done a beer in the mail type club before because I like to have control over the beers I buy but I've received two packages so far and I must say I've been pretty happy. Both packages had beers I'd never tried before. This months had beers from Carolina Brewing Company and Trout River. The first month came with taster glasses and peanuts. I didn't eat the peanuts because I would die if I did but they seemed pretty cool.


Another thing I liked was the fact that they included fact sheets about the brewery they were sending you that month which also included recipes for food that paired well with the beers.

For $37.75 a month you get 12 beers. That's 4 styles and 3 of each beer. This would make the perfect gift for a buddy or family member who enjoys quality craft beer. In the immortal words of Cousin Eddie: Clark, that's the gift that keeps on giving throughout the entire year.

Cheers!

The Beer Buddha

.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That actually sounds pretty cool! Yeah, I wouldn't eat the peanuts either...just because....I'm not a peanut eater :) I always thought those things would have crappy beer...and I also like to choose my own beer. I'll have to look into it.