Sunday, March 20, 2011

Martin Wine Cellar/Shmaltz Brewing Dinner Recap



So this past Wednesday Martin Wine Cellar hosted a Shmaltz Brewing Beer Dinner at their Metairie location and I must say I was impressed. It's not that I didn't think Martins could pull it off but rather that they could offer such an awesome experience and only charge $40.

I have the belief that beer dinners really shouldn't be over $50. Yeah I know there are beer dinners in the $75+ range but too me that's just way too much money. I don't have that kind of cash nor if I did would I spend that kind of cash on dinner. For those that say it can't be done for less than that you should have been at this beer dinner because you would have been proven wrong. Travis Combel, a local beer geek and reader of this blog, commented that "it was possibly the best beer dinner I have ever attended". I have to admit, it was damn good.

So here is a shout out to Martins and Shmaltz Brewing for a fantastic and inexpensive beer dinner! Hopefully we'll see more. Special shout out goes to Mike Morgan from Martin Wine Cellar on Magazine!

Cheers!

The Beer Buddha

1 comment:

TeeCee said...

The dinner was excellent in every aspect. The value was unbeatable.