Thursday, November 18, 2010
Thanksgiving Recipe: Beer Baked Mac n' Cheese
This is the Beer Baked Mac N' Cheese Recipe from the Rackhouse Pub in Denver, Colorado. I will be making this one Thanksgiving Day!! The recipe comes courtesy of the LA Times.
Rackhouse Pub Beer Baked Mac N Cheese
1 cup (2 sticks) butter
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup amber beer(I recommend something local like Abita Amber)
2 cups half and half
1/2 pound Brie
2 packages (16 ounces) cream cheese
1 1/2 cups crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese, divided
1 box (16-ounce) penne pasta, cooked and drained
Salt and pepper
1/2 cup panko or bread crumbs
1. Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a medium, heavy-bottom pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Whisk in the flour to form a light roux. Slowly whisk in the beer and half and half.
3. Add the Brie and cream cheese to the sauce, stirring until the cheeses are melted and incorporated. Stir in the Gorgonzola, cheddar and 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
4. Stir in the pasta, taste and adjust the seasonings as desired with salt and pepper (some of the cheese will be salty and the mixture may need only a little salt, if any).
5. Pour the mixture into a 13-by-9-inch baking dish. Top the mixture by sprinkling over the remaining Parmesan cheese and panko crumbs. Place the dish in the oven and bake until the sauce is bubbly and the toppings are crisp and golden, about 1 hour.
6. Cool slightly before serving.
The Beer Buddha