Friday, July 2, 2010

Ommegang Brewery and Louisiana Distribution



So I get a phone call this morning from a gentleman who says he works for Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown, NY and that they are interested in coming to Louisiana. Pause. I'll let that sink in. Yes, I am serious and yes it is true, apparently I AM that important after all.

All kidding aside we discussed some information and it sounds like they are truly excited about coming into Louisiana. I think this is huge. Ommegang Brewery brews Belgian style ales and they are incredible. Three Philosophers anyone?

No confirmed dates or anything like that. As of now they are researching distributors so hopefully we'll hear more soon!

Cheers!

The Beer Buddha

3 comments:

Smurfe said...

This is FANTASTIC news. Good to see your efforts spreading the knowledge that we need good beer here. Now Buddha, your next mission should you choose to accept it is to get Dogfish Head, Lagunitis and Russian River here. If that happens, I will be a very happy beer drinker. I am a home brewer and try to duplicate these beers but I still haven't come close to cloning them to suit me.

Dan Murphy said...

I toured Ommegang in January and they have a quality operation and some phenomenal beers. This is indeed great news for Louisiana.

Kimberly Wise said...

OMMEGANG??? OH MY GOD!! That is tremendous news! I wait anxiously for it's arrival!