Sunday, August 2, 2009

30 Days Of Craft Beer: Day Two


You probably thought I forgot. Come on it's day two I'm not going to forget on day two. Maybe later, but not on day two! I got caught up watching True Blood. Yeah, I know, but my wife got me reading the books and it really is pretty cool stuff. I thought it was going to be another teen vampire drama like Twilight but it's not. It's like an adult version with a good storyline. Anyways.

Job Search

So I told you about Chan's Wine World yesterday. I emailed Mr. Cox yesterday and received an email back the same day saying he is interested so I'm in the process of setting up an interview with him. It's only day one and I'm already ahead of the game. Lucky me!

Beer Review


Brewery: Magic Hat Brewing

Beer: Odd Notion Spring 09

Style: Spiced Beer

Recommended Glassware: Pilsner Glass

Serving Type: Pilsner Glass

Appearance- This beer pours a very clear, golden color with a thin white head which disappates quickly.

Smell- Very odd smell. Pilsner malts are present, not much hoppiness that I can tell. A very weird spiciness is noticable which I guess is the agave.

Taste- Strong maltiness with an odd spiciness. The hops are more present in the taste than in the aroma. Interesting fruity sweetness accompanied by an odd vegetation taste.

Mouthfeel- Crisp, clean with a medium body.

Overall- Not a bad beer but an odd beer. The name is fitting. They know it's odd so I'll give it too them. At least they're having fun brewing different stuff.

Score:Photobucket3.5 out of 5 Buddhas

1 comment:

The Beer In Me said...

Sorry to hear that NOLA let you go. Good luck finding a job, I hope it works out for you. Cheers, Andy.