Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Beer Review: Buffalo Bill's Pumpkin Ale



Out of the pumpkin beers that are available here in the Big Easy this one is by far the best. I know, it isn't saying much when you consider just how many craft breweries are pumping out awesome pumpkin ales but until Abita brews a pumpkin ale it's what we got. Enough said, on to the review!

Brewery: Buffalo Bill's Brewery

Beer: Pumpkin Ale

Style: Pumpkin Ale

ABV: 4.90%

Recommended Glassware: Pint Glass

Serving Type: Pint Glass

Appearance- The beer poured a hazy orange amber with a huge off white head which dissipates quickly. Lacing was minimal to nonexistent.

Smell- A nice smell of pumpkin pie. Pumpkins, nutmeg and cinnamon.

Taste- The pumpkin and spices are very slight in the taste and are more noticeable in the aroma. The taste however comes off way too sweet for me and the finish is a bit unpleasant.

Mouthfeel- Thin and watery with a lot of carbonation

Overall- Not a horrible beer. I can taste the pumpkin more in this beer than the others I've tried. I would find it difficult to drink a lot of these since they are way too sweet.

Score: Photobucket 3 out of 5 Buddhas

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My husband & I tried this one this past weekend and it we weren't so thrilled with it. Disappointed for my first pumpkin ale. Stop by check out his review let us know what you think thanks.
http://thejoereview.com/category/beer/

The Beer Buddha said...

Betty,

Thanks for stopping by and I agree. BB Pumpkin is really just an average beer. I wish I had more pumpkin beers available to me here in LA. Great site by the way!

Cheers!

The Beerbuddha