Sunday, August 24, 2008

Great American Beer Diet Challenge- Week 2












Well, there you have it folks, I weighed in at a whopping 276(with an nice dried toothpaste splotch from my daughter I didn't notice until after the picture was taken). That's a 14 lb loss in one week!!


What is your secret you ask? Honestly. All I have really done this past week is change my eating habits. I've cut out sweets and sodas and my caloric intake has dropped drastically. I'm not sure how much but I'd be willing to bet it is significant. I have also made sure to drink at least one beer a day, every day. Usually I have one after work. I've stretched a bit but other than that I haven't started any exercise regiment as of yet. I did cheat once however. My wife was taking me too lunch and there wasn't anything healthy in the vicinity of where I work. So BK it was. Oh well, it was damn good though. Plus, you have to remember, I'm fat. Losing weight for fat people is pretty easy. A buddy of mine who is overweight cut out sweets all together and he lost over 100 lbs so far. It'll get harder but I'm already starting to feel a little better so that is incentive. My wife bought me some yoga DVD so I'll be starting that soon. Man, that's gonna be funny. I'll need pictures of that. Until next week!!


Cheers!

The Beerbuddha

1 comment:

Dave said...

Hey - nice start to the challenge. You're ahead of me. I lost a whopping 1 pound this week. I was traveling 2 days this week and eating out a LOT. Yet, despite all that eating out I managed to still lose a pound. Yes, I too have changed my eating habits. No between meal snacks and I'm drinking a ton of water instead. And of course, keeping up my 1 beer a day. Keep up the great work.